Reports to: Tool Room Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Skills Required:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipate needed stock; place and expedite orders for stock; verify receipt of stock.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; set tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculate requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; prove part programs.
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicate vices; tram heads.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhere to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; take measurements; detect malfunctions; troubleshoot processes; adjust and reprogram controls; sharpen and replace worn tools; adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoot malfunctions; call for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read technical publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Apprenticeship or coursework towards CNC certification preferred.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and experience with machinist equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as the ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with programming.
- Stamping experience is a must.
- Exposure to industry-accepted chemicals and noise.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and 75 lbs. assisted.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.